Heritage Testing Ltd is an independent commercial laboratory & test consultancy, serving the private, public, conservation, commercial, & industrial sectors.
Unlike most of the larger laboratories, which have tended to sacrifice personal service for a more 'factory-orientated' approach, our clients can rely on us for a specialised Physical & Chemical testing, interpretation, & problem solving service, individually matched to each customer's requirements.
Our services include:-
- Historic building materials analysis a speciality.
- Environmental Contamination analysis & assessment.
- Soils Physical & Chemical Testing & Classification e.g. BS1377 Atterberg Limits / Plasticity Index, Sieve Analysis, pH & Sulphate.
- Structural Materials analysis; Hardened Concrete, Screed, Mortar, Render, Plaster; Bricks & Blocks; Hydraulic Lime, 'Fat' Lime.
- Cement Content & Mix Proportion / Mix Detail determinations.
- Investigation & diagnosis of defects & deleterious components within concrete structures, as a precursor to an effective repair solution; (remediation unlikely to be durable if the causes of the concrete deterioration are not identified & treated in addition to the effects)
- Corrosion of embedded reinforcement.
- Bridge & Concrete Surveys; Depth of Cover to Reinforcement (Covermeter), Carbonation Depth, Half Cell Potential, Chloride Ion & Sulphate ingress, Total Alkalis.
- Asbestos fibre identification.
- Quality Control testing / monitoring.
- Testing to published spec.; BSI, EN, BRE, & International Standards.
- Personalised problem solving service, using rigorous scientific approach.
- Liaison with client for design & implementation of new tests.
- Provide lead paint and dust test kits for laboratory analysis.
- Laboratory determination of lead content of soil or water.
- Swab, wipe, and vacuum sampling of lead contaminated carpets and surfaces.
- Lead paint - Analysis for Lead and other toxic metals in paint.
- Lead dust - Residential and commercial survey of lead dust / residual lead in dust.
- Advice on clean-up of lead paint dust that has been inappropriately sanded.
- Lead test - Lead clearance tests following contractor refurbishment or redecoration works.
- Afterclean Leadcheck - Construction dust and after builders cleaning lead check.